LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972
NOTICE OF ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY FOR HALE PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY FOR HALE will be held on
TUESDAY 18th APRIL 2023 at 7.00pm in Hale Village Hall.
All public are welcome to attend. Local government electors for the parish of Hale will be entitled to vote at the meeting.
The business to be transacted at the meeting will be as follows:
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To approve the Minutes of the Annual Parish Assembly held on 5th April 2022
3. To receive the Chairman’s Report for 2022/23
4. To receive a report from Councillor Edward Heron, Downlands and Forest Ward, New Forest District Council and Executive Lead Member for Children’s Services – Hampshire County Council.
5. Representative reports from local organisations:
· Becks Bisset and Lee Knight – Forestry England
· PCSO Steve May - New Forest West, Neighbourhood Policing Team and Cllr Tina Vickery on Neighbourhood Watch Issues
· Jacqui Hartas – Hale Village Hall Committee
· Jacqui Hartas – Hale And Woodgreen Magazine
· Woodgreen Community Shop – Julia Harding
· Hale and Woodgreen Horticultural Society – David Mussell
6. Public comments and questions.
The meeting will be followed by refreshments and a chance to meet informally.
All parish councils are required by law to hold an Annual Parish Meeting/Assembly and this must take place between 1st March and 1st June. This is not a meeting of the Parish Council but a meeting of all local government electors for the parish which the public can participate in. The purpose of the meeting is for the Parish Council, and other village organisations, to report on what they have been doing over the past year and it also enables electors to have their say on anything they consider to be of importance in the parish.