The ‘Your Future New Forest’ survey closes next week. Please fill out the survey if you haven’t already done so.
Help shape your future New Forest
Forest organisations are asking for your views on key priorities during the next five years for the New Forest National Park. The closing date is Friday 3 September.
Working together, New Forest partners have drawn up a draft Partnership Plan to 2026, to secure the future of the New Forest and champion the recovery of the climate, nature and ourselves.
The focus of the draft plan is on achieving outcomes in five key areas, which were created with the help of a ‘snapshot survey’ earlier this year where over 2,700 people gave their views about the pandemic, nature, sustainable living, health and wellbeing:
· Nature recovery – creating a network of restored and expanded habitats enabling wildlife to thrive.
· Net zero with nature – delivering nature-based climate solutions through local partnerships.
· Thriving Forest – sustaining a living, working landscape with commoning at its heart.
· An inclusive National Park – pride in the New Forest and connection with nature for all.
· Team New Forest – communities, organisations and businesses working together and all contributing – being greater than the sum of our parts.
The draft plan builds on initiatives already under way ranging from restoring wetlands; to developing a ‘Natural Health Service’ where people are prescribed nature-based therapies; to creating more green skills and jobs; and new opportunities for mass volunteering.